Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Amy Tangerine and Night Fall-American Crafts Love!

I can honestly say I have not been this excited about a paper line for quite some time! And I am NOT done! Nope. I WILL be back to creating with these. Cuz there the best I have sen from American Crafts, and they were already a favorite!!

First off, Amy Tan - AKA Amy Tangerine. I was lucky enough to meet her a few years back and and I got to meet her again at CHA this summer. Like her shirts weren't cute enough, her scrapbooking line is FAB-U-LOUS! OK, I feeling a little stalker-ish. But I have been scrapbooking for the store and designing for some time, and I really appreciate product that DOES excite me enough to inspire me create on my own! So there ya have it!

So this is what I did:

This LO I do love, but realized when I uploaded the pictures that I only took one full shot of this, so I have to retake this, cuz I didn't have any back-ups, and there is a bit of blur. Bummer.
(I'd do it now, but this layout lives at the store as a display for now!)
I did the layout, then added the felt camera when they came into stock after they were initially backordered. Perfect finish to the layout, if you ask me!!
This layout is just something simple I put with this photo... a photo that reminds me that even if I don't know what I am doing, I need to try. I might be pleasantly surprised, or even get to do a whole other direction just by trying... so there.
This mini book was completely for me... though it does live at the store right now (and we are now sold out on these awesome little journals/minis!) It isn't finished, but I did start it the day I bought the album. I just love it. I love how the from pictures layered on the cover turned out. And love the contents I get to work with to begin with! I will have just as much fun finishing this album, I am sure.
...lift the clear cover (see the wave coming on the beach in this first picture) and you see what was hidden when the cover is closed:
My sand writing. :)
And just a peek below here of how much I have done in the book so far...
Aren't all the pages fun?? Amy. You rock!
I was kinda lovin' the feather paper for the seagull story within my book!

On to Night Fall. I don't usually get too crazy excited about Halloween lines. So many lines ahve witches and icky things I am just not gonna use. But this line by AC is FAB again! I LOVE the hint of turquoise-y blue! This is the layout I have done so far. There will be more in the future, darn it!
I {heart} clouds. This paper. Yum. The felt cloud embellishment. Double yum! Alrighty! Thanks for stoppin'!
I am on the upswing regarding finding time for what makes ME happy. I mean, my family makes me VERY happy, but I need something that is for ME. And for ME creating makes me happy too. And I feel like I need that outlet. It isn't always the best, but it makes me feel pretty darn good, creating. So here's to more of THAT!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, LOVE these LO's and your mini. You did some fab stuff with Amy's products.

Unknown said...

wow! I love them all!!!!

Unknown said...

Such gorgeousness, Penny!

amytangerine said...

oh penny- this is awesome!

Miss Jaster said...

gorgeous work! LOVE LOVE that chicgoland page SO SO MUCH!

Cheryl Leong said...

Two thumbs up... I want to take a look inside of the mini book!!!!

caroline hancock / Scrappercaz said...

Found you via AT's blog, i think i may be a stalker of her too haha. LOVE what you have done :) will start following you as i love your work :)