Friday, April 3, 2009

I had a Dream...

I love this song (new first playlist song)... so I am sharing the lyrics with you!
It brings tears to my eyes.
I was a little girl with a challenging childhood many times, and I delighted in playing in the woods, in the fields, amongst the birds and squirrels, and I played with imaginary dogs that were terribly loyal and always by my side.

This song is (I don't get to use this word often) delightful!
It will be the song, I hope I am blessed to remember, when it is my time to fly from the highest wing.
This is SCREAMING to be a scrapbook page.
I'll get back to you on that one.

I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest swing.
I had a dream.

Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest tree.
I had a dream.

Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.

I had a dream.


We are serving today at Amber Ridge Nursing Home for Serv-A-Thon, our fundraiser for my boys school!
Then a carnival in celebration!
Then possibly a trip into town to visit with Wendy Vecchi, guest teacher at Scrapaganza!
If you are reading this on Friday-there are still just a couple seats left-so come join us!!
I am taking The Use Your Scraps Fragment tomorrow night!!

Be Blessed!

4 comments:

Candi Ladwig said...

Love this song! If you don't scrap it, I will! Okay, we both might! You use Sassafrass & I'll do Heidi :)

Balk said...

Loved this song when I found it a few months ago!

Alicia said...

Ok, now I just realized where I heard that song. That's the song from the video you shared. I love that singer's voice. Sounds so familiar.

Anonymous said...

hey girl...love love love that song.. bought it on itunes after hearing it on Emily Falconbridges blog..yummy.

have a great day!