Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guest Designer for Paper Trunk

I have the incredible privilege of being the guest designer for Paper Trunk!

And check THIS out!

They are SO up my alley! Recycled papers, soy based inks, "green" packaging...

And their papers are so bright! I LOVE their product, and can't wait to see what they do next!

AND they have STAMPS!!! :) And this GREAT chipboard "wheel"!

Here are the first layouts I have done for them! I plan to do at least two more!!

This layout is my favorite so far! I decided to make my own die cut paper...
I traced the shape and cut it out... then did the same again on another piece of (of their fabulous) paper, for the printed frame, and traced a smaller frame (free hand) inside. I wasn't going for perfect.

I then used my (FAVORITE TOOL) Making Memories Edge Scraper on the outside and the inside edge. When you are working on such a thin piece of paper, do small sections at a time, in between your fingers that are supporting that section. It won't take long at all!
I edge distressed the mats a LOT too... LOVE it!
I used their printed paper with the paisleys as embellishment.


For this one... I layered like CRAZY! The frame, the half circle design, the other circles... layer layer, layer... I was never 100% satisfied with the results-but I love working with these papers-they would work for so many things!

Also on this one, I used my crop-a-dile to make holes in my large metal brad, so I could add the decorative little brads to it... I also used my edge scraper again. Can't put that thing done!

And this one.... I got to use this piece of dictionary paper that I got in a kit! And again, I layered. I really got rough with the piece under the picture! crumpled, sanded, edge scraped, inked...
To attach, just put glue dots on the creases that bend down towards the paper you are attaching it too... so the dots will be random.

For the flowers-they were cut from their patterned paper, then I held the base of each petal, and folded the rest of the petal in half longways. And not all the way, just enough to give the crease.

7 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

Penny.
These layouts are amazing! I love all the techniques you have used and created. You are one big ball of talent! Thank you for being the Trunk Designer of the Month!!!!!

Charlene E. said...

You are a very amazing woman. I'm in awe!

Ashleigh Sandrock said...

HOW EXCITING! I am so happy for you, and I LOVE THE LO'S!!!!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS layouts.... congrats on being TDOTM! so inspiring

Jolene Pienaar said...

WOW WOW WOW, you are just oozing with trunk goodness girl, am totally loving those!!!

Candi Ladwig said...

great layouts!! You and your distress tool!! Turned out great!

Balk said...

Good to see you at the store today. Your blog is looking good. Can you figure out how to reach me?