Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Who lives behind that red door??

No one... just yet!! :)
Siding is almost up!! I painted the front door. Glossy RED!LOVE it!!
The drywall is almost done (can you believe, no picture??) and it is all falling into place... waiting for them to come and do the front steps... and finish the sidewalk... and of course there are the floors and cabinets, and finish plumbing and lighting... but it is getting there! :)

I took SO many pictures of my children at Scott County Park on Monday after school! It was BEAUTIFUL outside! Just wonderful! They even got their feet in the stream! NEVER was it worm enough the three years prior to do such a thing! And then I got home with my pictures from the weekend and this photo shoot... and WHAM!!! Bad card. Everything is lost! NO pictures of my weekend in Des Moines teaching... NO pictures from Scott County Park.... NOTHING! All gone. {sigh} I took a couple of shots with my old point and shoot Sony... thank God.
This was taken using my NEW CF card! :)
It reminded me just what pictures mean to me, and how when it happens, it is sad, but I have to let it go. Darn it.

Here is a slide show of the last two weeks... food drive "Can-struction" contest, pumpkin patches, trick or treating, playing across the street on bikes in the unexpected warm weather and SO much fun!!


And also-last weeks sketch LO... and now if I could just find this weeks LO!! {sigh again}. :)
Very "Candi-like" huh? :) For those that check to see if I actually update, thank you!

In preparation of my home being finished, I have been vinyl shopping. Looking for some things new and different. I added a few wonderful choices to my side bar in the vinyl grouping.

I have a 3-4 quotes I am going to order, some flying birds from Elly Nelly, and maybe one of those stellar designs from that European company!!

Oh, and my pictures from early voting (and a freakin' wonderful flag picture I took, darn it!!) lost too...

For those of us that supported the conservative candidate (and those that went for a more liberal vote)... it is time to pray for our new leader. Whether you voted for him or not. His load is heavy. Hopefully the values that many Americans cherish will be withheld... but if that isn't enough, scripture to consider:

Romans 13:1-2 - Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgement on themselves.

Food for thought.

Here is a little sneak peek for Chris and Heather... and Aunt Kelly. :) Just started playing with my photos tonight, that I took today. :)
Be blessed!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the red door! House is really coming along! Can construction looked neat but wondered what that was all about, maybe a school thing, huh?
Sorry you lost your photos!

Charlene E. said...

I wondered how the house was coming along, looks great. Sorry about the card, hope that doesn't happen to you again. Great picture of the kids in the leaves. Can't get mine to pose for me...ever!

Angela said...

The house is looking Fabulous Penny...how exciting for you and your family!!!

Candi Ladwig said...

Bummer on the card!!! I have waiting to see pics from the weekend!! Love the baby pics at the end!!!! Can't wait for my "photo shoot"!