Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, I left on Friday morning (cough) OK, it was just after noon... and to think we were suppose to leave at 10am! LOL!
We decided we would leave on Thursday night next year. :)

BOY did we LAUGHED!!!
WOW what a great time!!
(just so ya know-these are coming straight from my camera! I have too much to do to edit!)

So... it started with packing the SUV... (Thanks Angie!)
On the way up we stopped at The Goose Barn in Rockford.
It was this totally cute barn filled with stamps and some scrapbooking supplies:
It was totally adorable... there was even a barn cat!
And ants. (yes, that is an ant by the ant stamp. I made him pose. No one is safe from my camera) :)
When we got there, we went for $5 appetizers during happy hour!
The laugh attacks started here...

Then we went to the house to set up...
One LONG Ikea table, then another table at it's end, then ANOTHER one end to end to that!
I got 4 pages done all weekend. :)
In my defense... we DID go into Lake Geneva for 6 hours on Saturday. Breakfast then window shopping. :) And more laughing of course.
Went to my favorite store... I could live in this much color. I could. If I win the lottery, I am buying one of everything in this store! :)
Jim Gaffigan is SO worth watching!! If you can get a hold of his show, GET IT!
HOT POCKETS.... that is all I have to say about that. :)

Well Anne, Kelly... your off your thrones. Alicia Ellison is now the funniest person I know! :)
I canNOT believe the expressions I got out of that crazy lady! :)

Did you know Bear Claws are $46 in Lake Geneva! or $4 to 6... same thing. :)

But of all the expressions/gags, THIS is my favorite!!
And this is what was waiting for me when I got home!

Lucky mommy!
AND my husband cleaned the basement and pulled up the sod for landscaping where I asked! Big weekend for me! :)

OK, after all that-my layouts...
The challenge: Use one piece of cardstock and one piece of patterned paper. Any embellishment has to be from the paper. So of COURSE I used Sassafrass Lass. :)
I need to journal still though...
Layout using the Melissa Frances Papers and stickers for Scrapaganza and Pink Sketches.
Gotta love your edge distresser! :)
So yes, I shamelessly stole this picture of Annie... I couldn't find my pictures and only had a few with me, and I just loved this picture of our little friend. :)
And this one... yes, I went home after I took this, printed it off at the house, and scrapped it! :)
This one is a cheater... it was almost done when I got there. :)
Well, that's it! :)

Oh, and I will leave you with this... my pot of gold! :)

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the trees on the first lo! All of the los are super cute (as always)!

Alicia said...

You are good! That was a great snip-it our our weekend. You need to blow up the pot of Gold! Just LOVE that. I'm jealous. I want one. Hard to get. Cherish that one. Love you my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

Wow, sounds like a fun weekend!!! Beautiful layouts! I just LOVE that pot of gold picture! how cool is that!

meganklauer said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend! Great layouts and lovin all the funny pics from your trip.

sausan said...

Looks like you had a fab weekend! Love your pics and this ant is funny!!

Sophia said...

Oh me! Oh my! I totally love what you did for your layouts! It's so nice to read and know how much fun and laughter you were enjoying with good company!

Have a great week ahead!