Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bonjour! Blue is NOT just for boys!

ESPECIALLY when it comes to this flower and butterfly covered paper!

Hi!! Penny here! Jumping in with my "boy" colors with a bright happy girl layout!

Girls many times wear pink, purple and fuchsia (not everyone, mind you-but lots of us!) Blue and green are a wonderful contrast, allowing those aforementioned colors to pop, when blue and green are used!

For this layout, I places an "x" where I knew I wanted to place the picture on my 8 1/2 x 11 layout.
I then machine sewed the "starburst" of sorts from that "x". I used green thread. The colors are few, but powerful!

I kept this layout VERY minimal! And the picture is "artsey" let's say, because it isn't perfectly in focus.
(I was shopping with my dear friend, and made her try on this flower headband-she was adorable! Love ya instagram!)

I made my own tag (2 layers of Bonjour papers!) and used a pattern to trim it all out. I can NOT get enough of these butterflies!! Stapled them on... and VIOLA! Simply beautiful!

So get your blue (and green) on, and get all girlie!!

(Supplies: Bonjour!: Cafe Mosaic # 1537, Butterfly Flutter #1536, Bonjour #1534, Au Revior #1533)


1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Soooo awesome! Really cool design!