Thursday, May 24, 2012

I (Penny Smith) love getting my "art on"! Anything to make a mess, I say!  I have been playing with spray inks for some time-enjoying spraying, stenciling, stamping, and splattering my layouts. But paints- I have been itching to play with them more!

So this assignment, watercolor stenciling, I jumped on!

I decided to make my own mask. I just wrote in cursive with pencil "puppy" on card stock and traced around it. Then I erased my initial pencil marks. I'm handy that way. If your a projectionist, you can get your Silhouette or Cricut (probably need your gypsy to do a custom weld) and make one. This is the mask after I used it.
To adhere it to the layout while I painted, I just used repositional adhesive. The repositional Xyron sticker maker would be ideal!
Then just paint around ANY way you would like! Of course this works for spray ink too, but you have more control of where the color goes when using paints. If you don't have watercolors, you can water down acrylics too!
Here is the mask in place. If you get some paint under the mask, you can just touch it with with the background color. But there are NO mistakes! Just artistic opportunity! So don't get too fussy!

The ideas here are ENDLESS! And when paired with Oh Happy Day, you can NOT go wrong!!! :) Chevron clouds. I am in love!

(Supplies: Oh Happy Day: Amber's Avenue (#1774), Chloe (#1766))

Thanks for stopping by! If you make a artsy creative mess, be sure to Facebook it or link us! We would love to see!!!

1 comment:

Carol W. said...

Very creative mask! Love all the color TFS